Registration, water and toilets are located at Ashridge Car Park on the Ivinghoe to Ringshall road. Cars are parked at owners risk throughout the event.
It is a condition of entry that all runners must carry a mobile phone (along with the list of mandatory kit), supplying the number to the event organiser, prior to the event.
When collecting your race number check the telephone number we have is identical to the phone you are running with. You can change your number on the day.
Leave drop bags at the registration point. Runners will have access to them at CP5 (Goring) and the finish. Bags are left at owner's risk.
Free minibuses will run from Tring Train Station to the registration point from approx. 08:30 to 09:30 on the Saturday.
Race numbers and trackers will be issued to runners at the registration point.
Your running number must always be visible, worn on the front.
The race will start on time. Any runners not being behind the start line will risk disqualification. Please be ready to run thirty minutes before the start. This will leave enough time for any final preparation.
Runners must have a contingency for returning home if they retire. Runners are responsible for the return of their tracker including any cost incurred by the event.
All runners and support crews need to be familiar with checkpoint locations before the start of the event. Support crews should read the information on the Support Crew Page here. Do not rely on race officials for directions as their priority is safety and orchestration of the event.
All runners, without exception, must have the following kit on them at all times:
· Fully charged mobile phone (switched on throughout)
· Water bottles/bladder capable of carrying a minimum of 1 litre
· Survival Blanket: 1.4m x 2m minimum
· Primary light source (min 75 lumens) – from Goring only
· Back up light source (min 25 lumen) – from Goring only
· Head covering (beanie or buff)
· Cup (the event is cup free)
· Reflective clothing or rear red LED/ light during hours of darkness
· Item of warm clothing (long sleeved base layer or fleece)
· Waterproof jacket (must have hood & sealed seams)
The runner must provide the telephone number of the phone they are running with to the race organiser plus a contact in case of emergency.
See the route and checkpoint locations here