The Start, Race Numbers and Brief Information
- Registration, water and toilets are located at Ashirdge Car Park on the Ivinghoe to Ringshall road. Cars are parked at owners risk throughout the event.
- It is a condition of entry that all runners must carry a mobile phone, supplying the number to the event organiser, prior to the event.
- You can change your start time up until the 14th August, no changes after this date, no exceptions.
- When collecting your race number check the telephone number we have is identical to the phone you are running with. You can change your number on the day.
- Leave drop bags at the registration point. Runners will have access to them at CP5 and the finish. Bags are left at owner's risk. The event cannot transport carrier bags.
- Free minibuses will run from Tring Train Station to the registration point from approx. 08:20 to 11:15 on the Saturday. Should you need a lift from the Premier Inn or Pendley Manor email email@example.com and ensure you receive an email confirming your collection time. No bookings past the 14th August
- Race numbers will be issued to runners at the registration point.
- Your running number must be visible at all times, worn on the front or leg. fastened to a garment.
- The race will start on time. Any runners not being behind the start line will risk disqualification. Please be ready to run thirty minutes before the start. This will leave enough time to walk to the start at Ivinghoe Beacon.
- Shortly after leaving the start line, with the race underway, runners will cross over the Ivinghoe to Ringshall road. Marshals will be out on the road but CANNOT STOP VEHICLES, YOU MAY NEED TO STOP! Listen to marshals and do not wear MP3 players when crossing roads.
- Should you retire you will be re-united with your bag. The event is not responsible for ferrying you home or to your vehicle. Runners must have a contingency for returing home if they retire.
- Free minibuses will shuttle runners from Avebury to Swindon Train Station from 07:30 and the Oasis from approx. 09:30 on Sunday. Showers are available at the Oasis (paid for on arrival), a short walk back to the train station. Mini buses run an ad-hoc service so don't rely on them to take you to Swindon for a specific time.
- Support crews are not allowed to park on the road at the finish. Please follow the road signs for R86 Parking, not Avebury Parking. The race director reserves the right to nullify finish positions of any runner whos support crew park on the road or just stop to collect a runner.
- All runners and support crews need to be familiar with checkpoint locations before the start of the event. Support crews should read the information on the Support Crew Page. Do not rely on race officials for directions as their priority is safety and orchestration of the event.
All runners, without exception, must have a:
- mobile phone switched on throughout
- torch, two are best
- head covering
- reflective clothing for the night section
- item of warm clothing carried during hours of darkness
- waterproof top (new requirement for 2019 onwards).
The runner must provide the telephone number of the phone they are running with to the race organiser plus a contact in case of emergency before collecting their number. This most likely would have been provided during your application.
Runners need to have a torch for the night section. Two torches are best so one can be used whilst changing batteries in the other. Ensure you have enough batteries to last until daylight.
All runners need to be carrying a head covering from the start, worn or otherwise.
All runners will need a cup as the event is cup-free. Crews and supporters will be provided with cups at the finish.
All runners must have a working torch and be wearing some reflective clothing when leaving checkpoint 8, Fox Hill, during the hours of darkness. Between CP8 and CP9 there are two significant road sections. Be safe and be seen!
The item of warm clothing is required incase you retire and have to wait to be collected.
Remember you are responsible for your own safety!
See the route and checkpoint locations here.