Race Director, Tim Mitchell, 07917 364 364
No, it is not possible to change your start time past the 4th August.
About the size of a normal gym bag, a medium sized bag you'd normally carry some footwear and a change of clothes in. Your bag must weigh no more than 15Kg.
The R86 hosts the UK Trail Running Championships Ultra Distance as recognised by UKA and British Athletics. It's important that runners compete against other ultra runners. By ensuring that all runners have recently run an ultra it promotes fairness and gives the runner some indication of just how far 86 miles is and how long it may take.
Call 07917 364 364 and talk to Tim Mitchell, the Race Director. Be aware though that the event will start on time.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the name and location of your hotel. Ensure you receive a confirmation email as this will confirm your collection time. Local hotels are Tring and surrounding areas. Stoke Manderville and Aylesbury are not local.
The Premier Inn, Tring, is ideal.
All runners need the following mandatory kit:
- A working mobile phone, contantly switched on.
- Some reflective clothing for the night section.
- A warm piece of clothing to be carried when leaving Goring, checkpoint 5.
- Two torches, a headtorch and hand torch is best.
- These are to be carried in the first half as often runners underestimate the time it will take to reach half way.
- You will need one torch whilst you change batteries in the other.
- All runners need to be carrying a head covering from the start, worn or otherwise.
- A cup as the event is cup-free.
Not adivsable, be sure you can make it to the next checkpoint before leaving your current one. Checkpoints will close once all runners are accounted for. The checkpoint may close behind you and before the stated time.
20:30hrs Saturday evening to 06:30 Sunday morning.
The last minibus will drive away at 11:30 exactly. Be aware though that the last registration is 11:30. This minibus is to take in to account any trains running late. The minibus staff will call informing the race director you are late but will still make the start.